The Unofficial Panzer Campaign's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential new Panzer Campaign Titles

5 posters

Go down

Potential new Panzer Campaign Titles Empty Potential new Panzer Campaign Titles

Post  David F Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:00 am

With so many of the iconic battles covered already in the 20 odd Panzer Campaigns released, is there any additional titles people would like to see? Is there any concern or preference for hypothetical topics such as the already released Sealion?
David F
David F

Back to top Go down

Potential new Panzer Campaign Titles Empty Re: Potential new Panzer Campaign Titles

Post  Tide1 Wed May 09, 2012 12:55 am

There are a bunch of East Front campaigns that could be covered. Pommerania,East Prussia,The Vistula Front, The Oder Front,Rumania,The offensive after Kursk in the Orel and Briansk region,The Crimea. Just a few off the top of my head. I'm not sure if any of these would be feasable also operation Olympic. Shocked
Tide1
Tide1

Back to top Go down

Potential new Panzer Campaign Titles Empty Side Campaigns

Post  Rossd Tue May 15, 2012 2:41 am

The Russo-Japanese spats in 1938-9. Kinda small but historically significant.
Invasion Czechoslovakia 1938.
Spanish Civil War.
Israeli War of Independence
German Greek Diversion 1941
Malaya Campaign 1941-2
Burma Campaign 1942 and 44-45

Last edited by Rossd on Tue May 15, 2012 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Completeness after the software went ape.)
Rossd
Rossd

Back to top Go down

Potential new Panzer Campaign Titles Empty Re: Potential new Panzer Campaign Titles

Post  moondog Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:29 am

Rossd wrote:The Russo-Japanese spats in 1938-9. Kinda small but historically significant.
Invasion Czechoslovakia 1938.
Spanish Civil War.
Israeli War of Independence
German Greek Diversion 1941
Malaya Campaign 1941-2
Burma Campaign 1942 and 44-45

I asked about maybe Kholkin-Gal (not sure if I got that right) when talking to Glenn and Blackie and they said it didn't really warrant attention.

The Spanish Civil War has already been covered in a Squad Battles Game ... not sure how many battles etc we could work up for a Panzer Campaigns style game.

Israeli War of Independence might be a good one, but more of a Squad Level or Company Level game ... not on the same scale as say ... Smolensk '41 or Tunisia '43 or others.

The rest might warrant something like a CAMPAIGN style game ...

dog
moondog
moondog

Back to top Go down

Post  David F Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:07 am

Agree on some of the comments here.

Khalkhin Gol (correct spelling) is probably too small for a Panzer campaigns game.

Of the rest the Malaya Campaign caught my eye : and not just because I live in Singapore currently! It has it all, amphibious landings, multiple nationalities, river crossings under fire, jungle and city fighting! May have a little look to see how big the units involved are and whether it merits a deeper look.

So many titles, so little time!
David F
David F

Back to top Go down

Potential new Panzer Campaign Titles Empty What About?

Post  moondog Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:15 am

So what if there was a Panzer Campaigns game that covered Khalkin Gol / Spanish Civil War / and any other smaller campaigns in one title ...

Something like The Wars Before the Big One etc ... you get where I'm headed with this

dog
moondog
moondog

Back to top Go down

Potential new Panzer Campaign Titles Empty Malaya

Post  Big Dave Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:55 pm

I agree that Malaya would be interesting. Another possibility I think would be Aachen and the Hurtgen forest campaign to take Schmidt etc. Lots of info on these and excellant maps though it might suit Panzer battles better on second thoughts.

I also think 1st Vietnam war would be interesting. Ie French vs Vietcong/NVA.

Btw follow this link for some cool East front battle scenes which must have been done immediately after the war. All the equipment looks genuine on both sides and there is a cast of thousands in some of the scenes. Tank brigade movie This is just battle excerpts not the complete movie.
Big Dave
Big Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum